to support your creative goals
“If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint,
and that voice will be silenced.”
—Vincent Van Gogh
With Stephey in graphite, pen & ink, watercolor painting + mixed media
Nature will be our steadfast guide and source of inspiration —whether you’re a seasoned artist or just now returning to art having left it in childhood—all levels welcomed.
Styles and skillsets can range from impressionistic to the more classically realistic and technical demanding skills of contemporary Botanical Art.
Tutoring is offered in your choice of media such as graphite, water-soluble graphite, pen, and ink, mixed media and watercolor painting.
Topics we focus on are relevant to you and where you are in your creative journey, such as the following:
– Specific techniques (shading, continuous tone, increasing accuracy, textures and color mixing)
– A simple creative desire (I want my images to Pop! How do I make my images more 3D? How do I know when it’s done?)
– Start a Nature Journal (or Materia Medica) + learn tips to easily stay inspired to make it part of your creative practice.
– Learn to easily mix watercolor colors without creating muddy neutrals, darks or purples
– Discover how to put the finishing pieces on your artwork and evaluate it
so it fulfills the vision you had in your mind
Due to the pandemic, Sessions are delivered remotely in a private online space. Unlimited questions are encouraged and feedback provided during our time together. Once the pandemic is over meeting at my private studio will commence.
I look forward to possibly working together and sharing the magic of being creative. It’s exciting to realize, “I made that!”
Take the first step now? Fill out this brief questionnaire to get started Or if you know what you’d like to work on send me an email stephey @ mbtmuse .com
Looking forward to learning of your creative goals and how I can support them coming to fruition!
All My Best,